Did you know that in February of 2023, the CPT Editorial Panel met and approved further E/M Revisions which are currently scheduled to take place in January 2024? While January 2024 may seem like its a while away, it will come up fast. Making sure your system is up to date with your correct pricing for these new codes will ensure a smooth transition.
Knowing this change is coming, we will continue to monitor for any additional information.
The CPT Editorial Panel stated that the following changes are scheduled to take place as of January 1st 2024:
- Revision of Office or Other Outpatient codes 99202-99205, 99212-99215
- Revision of Nursing Facility Care codes 99306 and 99308
- Revision of the E/M Introductory guidelines as follows:
- Addition of guidelines for Split or Shared Visits and Multiple Evaluation and Management Services on the Same Date
- Revision of Initial Hospital Inpatient or Observation Care/New or Established Patient guidelines
- Revision of Hospital Inpatient or Observation Care Services (Including Admission and Discharge Services) guidelines
- Prolonged Service With or Without Direct Patient Contact on the Date of an Evaluation and Management Service guidelines
Note: In 2025, a new E/M subsection for Telemedicine Services is scheduled to be implemented. It will include 17 new codes and guidelines which will replace codes 99441, 99442, and 99443.
If you are a clinician that wants to maximize revenue but doesn't have time to stay up to date on coding regulations, call us at 708-362-6080 or email us at email@example.com to schedule a free call and see how we can help!
For more information on this change specifically, click HERE